Garden Rental Plots
CGC has an agreement with City of Winnipeg to maintain a large piece of land that is available for our members to rent.
Location and size:
- Plots are located east side of Perimeter Highway just north of Assiniboine River.
- Size of plot is approximately 18 feet by 38 feet (individual plots vary slightly in size).
- You must be a member of the Charleswood Garden Club ($10.00 per year) in order to rent a plot.
- The rental rate for a plot is $25.00 per plot, $12.00 for half-plot.
- Acquiring a plot is subject to availability.
- Please respect your neighbors' gardens.
- We provide ploughing of the gardens annually.
- There is to be no moving of marker stakes after spring survey.
- Plot perimeter may be enclosed with twine or fence.
- Plot should be cultivated by June 10th.
- Your pathway should be kept weed-free and free of garden waste.
- The use of chemical pesticides and herbicides is prohibited as mandated by the City of Winnipeg.
- You are expected to keep your garden pest-free (especially potato beetles) and to deadhead any weeds. You should have a back-up person after 2 weeks if you are not able to maintian your plot due to illness or holiday. Failure to do so may result in your plot being reallocated the follwing year.
- All gardens (except for the no-till area) must be cleared of sticks, strings, markers and refuse inclduing corn stalks by the Thanksgiving ploughing.
- Planting is at your own risk. We have our usual share of 4-legged abd 2-legged pests.
- Gardeners are encouraged to contribute to the Gardeners' Market in September.
- For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org