Rental Garden Plots
CGC has an agreement with City of Winnipeg to maintain a large piece of land that is available for our members to rent.
Location and size:
- Plots are located east side of Perimeter Highway just north of Assiniboine River.
- Size of plot is approximately 20 feet by 40 feet (individual plots vary slightly in size).
- You must be a member of the Charleswood Garden Club ($10.00 per year) in order to rent a plot.
- The rental rate for a plot is $25.00 per plot payable by April's meeting.
- Acquiring a plot is subject to availability.
- Please respect your neighbors' gardens.
- We provide ploughing of the gardens in the spring.
- There is to be no moving of marker stakes after spring survey.
- Plot perimeter may be enclosed with twine or fence.
- All gardens must be kept clean and clear of weeds and free of insects and disease.
- Pathways should be kept weed-free and free of garden waste.
- All gardens must be cleared of sticks, strings, markers and refuse by September 30th. Refuse, including corn stalks, must be carried out of gardens so plots can be ploughed.
- Planting is at your own risk. We have our usual share of 4-legged and 2-legged pests.
- The DAVE MILLAR MEMORIAL PLAQUE will be awarded for the best field garden.
- Gardeners are encouraged to contribute to the Gardeners' Market in September.
- For further information please contact Sophia Munro at (204) 895-9198 or firstname.lastname@example.org